Plus Tax Amount
Minus Tax Amount
Simply enter an amount into our calculator above to estimate how much sales tax you'll likely see in Maryland. Afterwards, hit calculate and projected results will then be shown right down here.
To see more detailed info and gain additional insight, continue reading below!
Sales Tax Rate
Table of Contents
The base level state sales tax rate in the state of Maryland is 6%. There should not be any additional sales tax on any local level.
The most populous county in Maryland is Montgomery County. The sales tax rate does not vary based on county.
The most populous location in Maryland is Baltimore. The sales tax rate does not vary based on location.
The state of Maryland contains around 603 zip codes with the most populous one being 20906. The sales tax rate does not vary based on zip code.
Scroll down for a full list of locations in Maryland. If you want to directly search for a specific location, you can do so at the top of the page.
Sales Tax Breakdown For Maryland
|Tax Jurisdiction||Sales Tax Rate|
More From Investomatica:
For income tax, please visit our Maryland Income Tax Rates and Paycheck Calculator page.
Quick Reference Table
- We've compiled a table of common values below according to an average sales tax rate of 6% in Maryland.
- To maintain clarity and consistency, all numbers below have been rounded in the standard fashion.
- If your value falls outside of the range presented, just input your desired value into our calculator above.
- Last reviewed on June 18, 2023.
- The content shown on this page is only for informational purposes only. Nothing here constitutes tax advice or advice of any other kind.
- The data here only represents the estimated common sales tax rate in this particular location. Exceptions may exist depending on the type of business, the type of product sold, and other factors.
- If you notice a miscalculation or error with our calculator (most likely caused by a typo somewhere), feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific tax questions, please consult a licensed tax professional.
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.