Saskatchewan, Canada Sales Tax Calculator and Details
Plus Tax Amount
Minus Tax Amount
Simply enter an amount into our calculator above to estimate how much sales tax you'll likely see in Saskatchewan, Canada. Afterwards, hit calculate and projected results will then be shown right down here.
To see more detailed info and gain additional insight, continue reading below!
GST + PST Rate
Table of Contents
The cumulative sales tax rate for 2023 in Saskatchewan, Canada is 11%. This total rate is a combination of a Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 5% and a Provincial Sales Tax (PST) of 6%.
Sales Tax Breakdown For Saskatchewan, Canada
|Sales Tax Type||Sales Tax Rate|
PST applies to taxable goods and services consumed or used in Saskatchewan. It applies to goods and services purchased in the province as well as goods and services imported for consumption or use in Saskatchewan. New and used goods are subject to tax.
When you purchase or rent taxable goods or services from a supplier who is licensed to collect PST, you pay PST to the supplier. When you purchase or rent taxable goods or services from a supplier who did not collect the tax, such as an unlicensed supplier located outside Saskatchewan, you must self assess and pay the PST directly to the Revenue Division.
All businesses operating in Saskatchewan must be licensed or registered with the Ministry of Finance for PST purposes. Furthermore, businesses operating in Saskatchewan must register to obtain a PST number. Depending on the nature of the business, either a vendor's licence number or a registered consumer number will be issued.
Alcoholic beverages are not subject to PST but are subject to Liquor Consumption Tax (LCT) at a rate of 10 per cent on the total price paid by customers, excluding GST.
The rules and exemptions for PST are fairly complex and very detailed. Information about them span a very long list of separate documents.
Some of the more common items exempt from provincial sales tax include:
- Basic groceries
- Prescription drugs and medicines (that can only be obtained by prescription from a duly qualified medical practitioner)
- Books and magazines
- Feminine hygiene products
- Certain medical equipment and orthopedic appliances
- Diapers, cloth and disposable
Note that this is only a tiny subset of the enormous list of details the government provides. More details can be found on the official Saskatchewan government website we have linked below.
For more information about the items and services that are exempt from Good and Services Tax (GST), please refer to our main Canada sales tax page.
Quick Reference Table
- We've compiled a table of common values below according to a sales tax rate of 11% in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- To maintain clarity and consistency, all numbers below have been rounded in the standard fashion.
- If your value falls outside of the range presented, just input your desired value into our calculator above.
More From Investomatica:
For income tax, please visit our Saskatchewan Income Tax Rates and Calculator page.
- Last reviewed on January 22, 2023.
- The content shown on this page is only for informational purposes only. Nothing here constitutes tax advice or advice of any other kind.
- The data here only represents the estimated common sales tax rate in this particular location.
- If you notice a miscalculation or error with our calculator (most likely caused by a typo somewhere), feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific tax questions, please consult a licensed tax professional.
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.