Sales Tax Calculator
Before Tax Amount$0.00
Plus Tax Amount$0.00
Minus Tax Amount$0.00
If you're selling an item and want to receive $0.00 after taxes, you'll need to sell for $0.00.
Enter an amount into the calculator above to find out how what kind of sales tax you'll see in New Brunswick, Canada. You'll then get results that can help provide you a better idea of what to expect.
Table of Contents
The cumulative sales tax rate for 2022 in New Brunswick, Canada is 15%. This total rate simply consists of a Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) of 15%.
Sales Tax Breakdown For New Brunswick, Canada
|Sales Tax Type||Sales Tax Rate|
The HST is a value added tax and is composed of the federal GST of 5% and a provincial component of 10%. The HST is applied to the same base of goods and services as the federal GST base. This means the 15% HST is applied to all goods and services taxable under the federal Excise Tax Act.
Other participating provinces include Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia.
The HST is administered by the federal government through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). As a result, registrants (businesses or individuals registered to collect the HST on taxable sales) collect one sales tax and remit and report to one government agency.
Credits and Refunds
There are certain items and services that qualify for a credit/refund of the provincial component (10%) of the HST. Some of the more common items include:
- Books, audio recordings, and scriptures are taxed at the federal rate of 5% with a point of sale rebate (meaning an instant rebate) for the 10% provincial component of the tax.
- New Brunswick provides a refund of the 10% provincial component of the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) on a supply of property and services used directly in research and development by a university. Applications for this refund can be obtained at any Service New Brunswick Centre or by contacting the Revenue Administration Division, Department of Finance. Various supporting documents are required including: certification that the supply of property and services is used directly in research and development by a university, description of research/development project to be performed, university department head approval, budget and material breakdown of intended project, and supporting invoices for materials obtained to complete the project.
- New Brunswick will refund the 10% provincial component of the HST with respect to a motor vehicle purchased in the Province where: the motor vehicle is specially equipped with a device to enable a wheelchair or scooter to enter or leave the passenger vehicle (for example, hydraulic lifts), or the motor vehicle is specially equipped with auxiliary driving controls that are used to facilitate the operation of the passenger vehicle (does not include spinner knobs), and the motor vehicle is not operated by any person for the purpose of earning a profit for any person or as part of any undertaking carried on for gain, and the claimant is not eligible for any other GST/HST credit or rebate related to this purchase.
For more information about the items and services that are exempt from Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), please refer to our main Canada sales tax page.
Sales Tax Table For New Brunswick, Canada
- Below is a table of common values that can be used as a quick lookup tool for a sales tax rate of 15% in New Brunswick, Canada.
- All numbers are rounded in the normal fashion.
- To calculate the sales tax amount for all other values, use our sales tax calculator above.
|Before Tax Amount||Sales Tax||Plus Tax Total|
|$ 1||$ 0.15||$ 1.15|
|$ 2||$ 0.30||$ 2.30|
|$ 3||$ 0.45||$ 3.45|
|$ 4||$ 0.60||$ 4.60|
|$ 5||$ 0.75||$ 5.75|
|$ 6||$ 0.90||$ 6.90|
|$ 7||$ 1.05||$ 8.05|
|$ 8||$ 1.20||$ 9.20|
|$ 9||$ 1.35||$ 10.35|
|$ 10||$ 1.50||$ 11.50|
|$ 15||$ 2.25||$ 17.25|
|$ 20||$ 3.00||$ 23.00|
|$ 25||$ 3.75||$ 28.75|
|$ 30||$ 4.50||$ 34.50|
|$ 40||$ 6.00||$ 46.00|
|$ 50||$ 7.50||$ 57.50|
|$ 100||$ 15.00||$ 115.00|
|$ 150||$ 22.50||$ 172.50|
|$ 200||$ 30.00||$ 230.00|
|$ 300||$ 45.00||$ 345.00|
|$ 400||$ 60.00||$ 460.00|
|$ 500||$ 75.00||$ 575.00|
|$ 1,000||$ 150.00||$ 1,150.00|
For more details, please check the official government sources below.
For income tax, please visit our New Brunswick Income Tax Rates and Calculator page.
Sales Tax Rates and Calculator Disclaimer
- The data here only represents the estimated common sales tax rate in this particular location. For the sake of accuracy, please double check the official government websites that we have linked to for more details.
- Our calculator only estimates sales tax. It does not consider other taxes, which may also exist.
- Investomatica is not a tax advisor. While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in tax codes, we make no guarantee our rate data and calculator will always be accurate. Generally, we review changes once a year. If you notice a major miscalculation or error with our calculator (most likely caused by a typo somewhere), feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific tax questions, please consult a licensed tax professional.
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.