Total Profit Per ItemError, Please Try Again$ 0.00
Profit Margin0.00 %
Total Profit / Total Revenue
Return on Cost0.00 %
Total Profit / Item Cost
Minimum Price to Profit$ 0.00
Total Fees$ 0.00
Average Fee Rate0.00 %
Total Fees / Total Revenue
Total Revenue$ 0.00
Seller Fee$ 0.00
Payment Processing Fee$ 0.00
Total Fees$ 0.00
Total Cost$ 0.00
Total Profit$ 0.00
Enter your values into the calculator above to calculate your fees and profit when selling on Mercari. You'll then get your estimated results and a quick summary down here.
Given the options that you've provided, if you sell an item for 0 on Mercari, which you originally acquired for 0 along with a shipping charge of 0 and a shipping cost of 0, then you should make 0 in profit after 0 in total fees. In terms of percentage, the fees end up being around 0 % of your revenue. This results in a profit margin of about 0 % after including your costs. Based on your item cost of 0, your return on cost should be around 0 %.
In order to breakeven, you'll need to sell for at least 0.
Investomatica's Mercari Calculator
Mobile friendly and easy to use
- A modern, clean and dynamic interface that's easy to use and works just as well on mobile phones as it does on desktop computers. No need for a separate and clunky app on your phone that wastes your storage space. Simply bookmark this page on your mobile browser and you're good to go! Many mobile browsers also let you pin bookmarks onto your home screen for the ultimate convenience.
Automatic calculations and saving
- Our calculator will automatically calculate and re-calculate as you enter and change values.
- Visit often? Our calculator saves you time by automatically saving your last entered numbers and options so you can pick up right where you left off. (Note, there's also a "reset calculator" button should you need it)
- Give yourself a much better idea of how to price your items and sales by knowing the minimum price required to make a profit. (Note that mercari requires all prices to be in whole numbers)
- Prices on mercari require a whole dollar amount without any cents. For example, setting a price of $11.05 would not be allowed while setting a price of exactly $11 would be. It's part of their brand image and philosophy around simplicity. As a result, our calculator only accepts whole dollar amounts for the "sold price" field.
What is Mercari?
Mercari is a community-powered marketplace platform with a focus on simplicity, ease of use, and a more casual environment for buying and selling a variety of items. The platform operates in the United States and its origin country of Japan, where it was first launched in July of 2013 and has since grown to become the largest marketplace platform in Japan according to the volume of transactions. The platform mostly caters to individuals as opposed to businesses.
How much does Mercari take in fees?
Selling fees on mercari are extremely simple. For the most part, there are just two main fees. The seller fee and the payment processing fee. Other miscellaneous fees may include fees related to deposits, fees related to cancelled orders, fees related to legal matters, and fees related to using third party authentication methods, among others. However, our focus is not on these other obscure fees so they will not be covered here.
- The seller fee is a flat rate of 10% regardless of what you sell or the price of the item.
- Note that this fee is only calculated based on the item's sold price. So this fee isn't applied on the shipping or on the sales tax, if any.
Payment Processing Fee
- The fee to process payments is 2.9% + $0.30.
- As with the seller fee, this is only calculated based on the item's sold price.
Promotions and Discounts on Mercari
Items on mercari can be promoted with the "promote" button. This entails lowering your price by a set amount chosen by mercari. How exactly this works depends on the kind of promotion you choose as there are two kinds.
The first kind is simply called "Promote". With this choice, you'll be prompted to lower your price by 5% below the historically lowest price and in return, mercari will boost your listing in the search results while also notifying everyone who has liked your item. There are limits to how many listings you can promote a day and how often you can promote a listing. Note that the price reduction is permanent for the listing you apply this promotion on. Additionally, the price of an item cannot fall lower than $9.
The second kind is called "Offer to Likers". As the name suggests, this is a promotion that is only sent out to the people who have liked your item. So there is no boost in the search results. With this choice, you'll be prompted to lower your price by 10% below the historically lowest price and mercari will notify up to 50 people who have liked your item. This promotion for your likers will only last 24 hours, after which the price of your item will go back up to your originally set price. Additionally, the price of an item cannot fall below $6.
These limitations help to prevent promotion spam.
For more details, check out the below table.
|Promote||Offer to likers|
|Minimum price drop||5%+||10%+|
|Who will see it?||Everyone.||Most recent likers (up to 50).|
|Can the action be taken multiple times on the same listing?||Yes, but it must be an additional 5%+ below historical lowest price.||Yes, but it must be an additional 10%+ below historical lowest price.|
|Is the price drop permanent?||Yes.||No, expires after 24 hours.|
|Is the new price binding||Yes.||Yes, until it expires after 24 hours.|
|Are there limitations?||Yes, you can promote up to 10 items per 24 hours.||There are no limits on the number of items eligible for this feature. Only the top 50 likers are notified per item.|
|Pricing limitations?||New price cannot be less than $9.||New price cannot be less than $6.|
Source: mercari.com as of September 2021
To incorporate a discount into our calculator, simply enter in the lowered sale price.
Notes about Sales Tax
Since October 1st of 2019, mercari now automatically calculates, collects, and remits sales tax on behalf of all applicable sellers in the US. The sales tax will not cut into your profit as it is paid for by the buyer. Additionally, none of the fee calculations include sales tax, so the fees are not affected either. In other words, sellers basically don't have to worry about sales tax at all.
Mercari Calculator Disclaimer
- Investomatica is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with mercari.
- While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in fee rules and structures, we make no guarantee our calculator will always be accurate. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence before making any business decision.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions regarding mercari fees and your mercari account, please directly contact mercari support.
Disqus Advertisement Disclaimer
Ads that show up within the disqus comment area below are added in by disqus for their own purposes. Investomatica has no control over those ads and does not benefit from them.