Rhode Island Paycheck Calculator
Easily estimate take home pay after income tax so you can have an idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget
Last reviewed on January 29, 2023
Income Before Tax
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
$ = US Dollar
Income Before Tax
Federal Income Tax
State Income Tax
State Tax Credits
State Disability Insurance
State Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML)
State Unemployment Insurance
State Worker Comp
State Transit Tax
Mental Health Services Tax
Local Income Tax
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
Table of Contents
Enter your employment income into the paycheck calculator above to estimate how taxes in Rhode Island, USA may affect your finances. You'll then get your estimated take home pay, an estimated breakdown of your potential tax liability, and a quick summary down here so you can have a better idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget.
This paycheck calculator also works as an income tax calculator for Rhode Island, as it shows you how much income tax you have to pay based on your salary and personal details.
To learn more about Rhode Island, its income tax, and tax brackets, so that you can get a deeper understanding of how your budget and finances may be affected, scroll down to the detail section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the income tax rate in Rhode Island?
The state income tax rate in Rhode Island is progressive and ranges from 3.75% to 5.99% while federal income tax rates range from 10% to 37% depending on your income. This paycheck calculator can help estimate your take home pay and your average income tax rate.
How many income tax brackets are there in Rhode Island?
The state income tax system in Rhode Island has three different tax brackets. For more details, check out our detail section.
Rhode Island Income Tax Brackets and Other Information
The state income tax system in Rhode Island is a progressive tax system. This means that your income is split into multiple brackets where lower brackets are taxed at lower rates and higher brackets are taxed at higher rates. The tax brackets are the same regardless of your filing status and tax rates range from 3.75% to 5.99%.
For 2022 tax year
|Taxable Income (USD)||Tax Rate|
|From 68,200 to 155,050||4.75%|
|From 155,050 onwards||5.99%|
Both a state standard deduction and a personal exemption exist and vary depending on your filing status and income. These are phased out for high income earners. In other words, those with incomes over a certain amount do not qualify for these deductions.
Aside from state income tax, Rhode Island also includes a small disability insurance tax as well.
More From Investomatica:
For sales tax, please visit our Rhode Island Sales Tax Rates and Calculator page.
Calculate Your Paycheck in Other States and US Regions
Calculate Your Paycheck in Other Parts of North America
- The content shown on this page is strictly for educational purposes only. It does not represent advice nor is it a substitute for a professional advisor.
- Estimated results are just estimates. They are not a guarantee of future results.
- While internal calculations are not rounded, all final resultant numbers are rounded normally with numbers ending in 0.5 and above being rounded up.
- Tax situations vary widely and calculations can get very complex. This paycheck calculator only provides a rough estimate according to the most common scenarios for standard employment income that comes from an employer. If you are self-employed, your taxes might differ.
- There may be additional deductions, credits, exemptions, allowances, reliefs, etc depending on many factors. Some factors are about your family such as the number of dependents, children, relatives, parents, etc. Other factors may include mortgage payments, property depreciation, charitible donations, additional voluntary retirement contributions, etc. Whether or not you are handicapped and/or disabled may also sometimes be an additional factor.
- Depending on region and jurisdiction, salary bonuses may be treated and taxed differently from standard salary.
- Calculators from other sites may show slightly different numbers due to different deductions/credits being included or they are based on data from a different year.
- Generally, we review changes once a year since tax codes usually change once a year. If you notice a major miscalculation or error with our paycheck calculator (most likely caused by a typo somewhere), feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions about your own personal situation, please consult a licensed tax professional.
Ratings for Rhode Island Paycheck Calculator
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.