Indonesia Salary Calculator
Easily estimate take home pay after income tax so you can have an idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget
Last reviewed on January 29, 2023
Income Before Tax
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
Rp = Indonesian Rupiah
Income Before Tax
Old Age Saving
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
Table of Contents
Enter your employment income into the salary calculator above to estimate how taxes in Indonesia may affect your finances. You'll then get your estimated take home pay, an estimated breakdown of your potential tax liability, and a quick summary down here so you can have a better idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget.
This salary calculator also works as an income tax calculator for Indonesia, as it shows you how much income tax you have to pay based on your salary and personal details.
To learn more about , its income tax, and tax brackets, so that you can get a deeper understanding of how your budget and finances may be affected, scroll down to the detail section below!
Quick Facts about Indonesia
- Main Language(s):Indonesian
- Currency:Indonesian Rupiah (Rp)
- Total Population:270,203,917
- Most Populous City:Jakarta
- Time Zone(s):UTC+7 to +9
- International Phone Code:+62
- Driving Side:Left
- Climate:Tropical, hot, humid, rainy
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the income tax rate in Indonesia?
The individual income tax rate in Indonesia is progressive and ranges from 5% to 35% depending on your income for residents while non-residents are subject to a 20% flat tax rate. This income tax calculator can help estimate your average income tax rate and your take home pay.
How many income tax brackets are there in Indonesia?
The income tax system in Indonesia has five different tax brackets for residents. For more details, check out our detail section.
Indonesia Income Tax Brackets and Other Information
For resident taxpayers, the individual income tax system in Indonesia is a progressive tax system. This means that your income is split into multiple brackets where lower brackets are taxed at lower rates and higher brackets are taxed at higher rates. Tax rates range from 5% to 35%.
For 2022 tax year
|Taxable Income (IDR)||Tax Rate|
|From 60,000,000 to 250,000,000||15%|
|From 250,000,000 to 500,000,000||25%|
|From 500,000,000 to 5,000,000,000||30%|
|From 5,000,000,000 onwards||35%|
A standard personal allowance deduction exists for residents which helps lower your taxable income to provide some tax relief. Another widely available deduction is one for occupational expenses, up to a limit. Certain business expenses and charitable contributions are deductible too.
Non-resident taxpayers are subject to a flat tax rate of 20% and are generally not eligible for any deductions.
Social Security in Indonesia
The national social security system in Indonesia is called the Sistem Jaminan Sosial Nasional (SJSN). This is administered by the Social Security Administration Board which is called the Badan Penyelenggara Jaminan Sosial (BPJS).
The BPJS has two main agencies. The first is BPJS Health (BPJS Kesehatan), which covers health insurance and the second is BPJS Employment (BPJS Ketenagakerjaan) which covers things like pension, old age, work accident, death, and unemployment insurance.
Contributions are shared between employers and employees. For resident employees, contributions are only mandatory for old age, health care, and pension. The contribution rates are low and include a maximum cap on the applicable income.
Non-residents cannot participate in the social security system and thus do not have to contribute. Foreign expats that are resident taxpayers can participate and thus must make contributions with the exception of the pension system.
Resident status and income tax in Indonesia
For the most part, individuals who are tax residents are subject to income tax on worldwide income. Certain exceptions may be granted to limit income tax to only Indonesian-sourced income for resident foreigners provided they satisfy a list of skill requirements. Non-resident taxpayers are only subject to income tax on Indonesian-sourced income.
Generally, individuals are considered to be residents for tax purposes if they either live in Indonesia, stay in Indonesia for at least 183 days within any 12 month period, or are present in Indonesia and intend on staying to live in Indonesia.
In order for Indonesian citizens to be considered non-residents for tax purposes, they need to have a permanent abode and center of vital interest outside the country in addition to not being in Indonesia for over 183 days.
Calculate Your Salary in Other Parts of Asia Pacific
- The content shown on this page is strictly for educational purposes only. It does not represent advice nor is it a substitute for a professional advisor.
- Estimated results are just estimates. They are not a guarantee of future results.
- While internal calculations are not rounded, all final resultant numbers are rounded normally with numbers ending in 0.5 and above being rounded up.
- Tax situations vary widely and calculations can get very complex. This salary calculator only provides a rough estimate according to the most common scenarios for standard employment income that comes from an employer. If you are self-employed, your taxes might differ.
- There may be additional deductions, credits, exemptions, allowances, reliefs, etc depending on many factors. Some factors are about your family such as the number of dependents, children, relatives, parents, etc. Other factors may include mortgage payments, property depreciation, charitible donations, additional voluntary retirement contributions, etc. Whether or not you are handicapped and/or disabled may also sometimes be an additional factor.
- Depending on region and jurisdiction, salary bonuses may be treated and taxed differently from standard salary.
- Calculators from other sites may show slightly different numbers due to different deductions/credits being included or they are based on data from a different year.
- Generally, we review changes once a year since tax codes usually change once a year. If you notice a major miscalculation or error with our salary calculator (most likely caused by a typo somewhere), feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions about your own personal situation, please consult a licensed tax professional.
Ratings for Indonesia Salary Calculator
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.