Egypt Salary Calculator
Easily estimate take home pay after income tax so you can have an idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget
Last reviewed on January 29, 2023
Income Before Tax
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
£ = Egyptian Pound
Income Before Tax
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
Table of Contents
Enter your employment income into the salary calculator above to estimate how taxes in Egypt may affect your finances. You'll then get your estimated take home pay, an estimated breakdown of your potential tax liability, and a quick summary down here so you can have a better idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget.
This salary calculator also works as an income tax calculator for Egypt, as it shows you how much income tax you have to pay based on your salary and personal details.
To learn more about , its income tax, and tax brackets, so that you can get a deeper understanding of how your budget and finances may be affected, scroll down to the detail section below!
Quick Facts about Egypt
- Name(s) in Native Language(s):مِصر
- Main Language(s):Arabic
- Currency:Egyptian Pound (£)
- Total Population:101,478,581
- Most Populous City:Cairo
- Time Zone(s):UTC+2
- International Phone Code:+20
- Driving Side:Right
- Climate:Hot, sunny, and dry
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the income tax rate in Egypt?
The personal income tax rate in Egypt is progressive and ranges from 0% to 25% depending on your income. This income tax calculator can help estimate your average income tax rate and your take home pay.
How many income tax brackets are there in Egypt?
The income tax system in Egypt offers between 2 to seven different tax brackets depending on your income. For more details, check out our detail section.
Egypt Income Tax Brackets and Other Information
The income tax system in Egypt is a progressive tax system. This means that your income is split into multiple brackets where lower brackets are taxed at lower rates and higher brackets are taxed at higher rates. Tax rates range from 0% to 25%.
For 2022 tax year
|Taxable Income (EGP)||Tax Rate|
|From 15,000 to 30,000||2.5%|
|From 30,000 to 45,000||10%|
|From 45,000 to 60,000||15%|
|From 60,000 to 200,000||20%|
|From 200,000 to 400,000||22.5%|
|From 400,000 onwards||25%|
Egypt is unique is that high income earners do not have access to the lower tax brackets. On a scaled basis, as income increases past certain points, access to each of the lower tax brackets goes away until only the highest 2 tax brackets remain. The end result is that high income earners pay more in income tax.
A standard deduction in the form of an annual salary tax exemption exists to provide some tax relief. Additionally, the first tax bracket is set to 0% so there's also some relief there as well. Social security contributions are also fully tax deductible.
Other deductions may exist depending on your situation. Some may include deductions for certain business expenses, insurance expenses, insurance contributions. That being said, there are no deductions related to family and dependents.
Social Security in Egypt
Contributions to social security are shared between employers and employees with the former facing higher rates. Both see fixed flat rates.
The determination of social security premiums include a maximum cap on income applicable for contribution while those with an income under a certain amount do not have to contribute at all.
Resident status and income tax in Egypt
Individuals who are considered residents for tax purposes are subject to tax on their worldwide income while non-residents are subject to tax on only income earned in Egypt.
In order to determine tax residency, several aspects are considered. Some include whether or not an individual has a permanent home in Egypt and whether or not an individual has stayed in Egypt for over 183 days within a 12 month period, among others. Certain rules also exist for certain edge cases. One interesting edge case is that if an individual is an Egyptian national working abroad, but receives income from an Egyptian treasury, then they are considered a tax resident despite being abroad.
Calculate Your Salary in Other Parts of The Middle East
- The content shown on this page is strictly for educational purposes only. It does not represent advice nor is it a substitute for a professional advisor.
- Estimated results are just estimates. They are not a guarantee of future results.
- While internal calculations are not rounded, all final resultant numbers are rounded normally with numbers ending in 0.5 and above being rounded up.
- Tax situations vary widely and calculations can get very complex. This salary calculator only provides a rough estimate according to the most common scenarios for standard employment income that comes from an employer. If you are self-employed, your taxes might differ.
- There may be additional deductions, credits, exemptions, allowances, reliefs, etc depending on many factors. Some factors are about your family such as the number of dependents, children, relatives, parents, etc. Other factors may include mortgage payments, property depreciation, charitible donations, additional voluntary retirement contributions, etc. Whether or not you are handicapped and/or disabled may also sometimes be an additional factor.
- Depending on region and jurisdiction, salary bonuses may be treated and taxed differently from standard salary.
- Calculators from other sites may show slightly different numbers due to different deductions/credits being included or they are based on data from a different year.
- Generally, we review changes once a year since tax codes usually change once a year. If you notice a major miscalculation or error with our salary calculator (most likely caused by a typo somewhere), feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions about your own personal situation, please consult a licensed tax professional.
Ratings for Egypt Salary Calculator
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.