Easily estimate take home pay after income tax so you can have an idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget
Income Before Tax
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
$ = Canadian Dollar
Income Before Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Non-Refundable Tax Credits
Quebec Federal Tax Abatement
Provincial Income Tax
Provincial Non-Refundable Tax Credits
Provincial Non-Refundable "Tax Reduction"
Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
Employment Insurance (EI)
Quebec Pension Plan (QPP)
Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP)
Quebec Health Services Fund
Ontario Health Premium
Take Home Pay
Average Tax Rate
Table of Contents
Enter your employment income into the income tax calculator above to estimate how taxes in Northwest Territories, Canada may affect your finances. You'll then get your estimated take home pay, an estimated breakdown of your potential tax liability, and a quick summary down here so you can have a better idea of what to possibly expect when planning your budget.
To learn more about Northwest Territories, Canada, its income tax, and tax brackets, so that you can get a deeper understanding of how your budget and finances may be affected, scroll down to the detail section below!
Quick Facts about Canada
- Main Language(s):English, French
- Currency:Canadian Dollar ($)
- Total Population:38,048,738
- Most Populous City:Toronto
- Time Zone(s):UTC−3.5 to −8
(Summer: UTC−2.5 to −7)
- International Phone Code:+1
- Driving Side:Right
- Climate:Ranges from temperate to artic
- Most tax credit reliefs in Canada are stated in "amount" figures. These are not to be subtracted directly from income tax but are instead first multiplied against the rate on the lowest tax bracket before doing so. In other words, these are basically acting like deductions in the more traditional sense of the word for tax purposes, but with a slight twist.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the income tax rate in Northwest Territories?
The territorial income tax rate in Northwest Territories is progressive and ranges from 5.9% to 14.05% while federal income tax rates range from 15% to 33% depending on your income. This income tax calculator can help estimate your average income tax rate and your take home pay.
How many income tax brackets are there in Northwest Territories?
The territorial income tax system in Northwest Territories has 4 different tax brackets. For more details, check out our detail section.
Northwest Territories Income Tax Brackets and Other Information
The territorial income tax system in the Northwest Territories is a progressive tax system. This means that your income is split into multiple brackets where lower brackets are taxed at lower rates and higher brackets are taxed at higher rates. Tax rates range from 5.9% to 14.05%.
For 2022 tax year
|Taxable Income (CAD)||Tax Rate|
|From 45,462 to 90,927||8.6%|
|From 90,927 to 147,826||12.2%|
|From 147,826 onwards||14.05%|
For 2022, the non-refundable basic personal amount in the Northwest Territories is $15,609.
Residents in the Northwest Territories are also eligible for an easy to access cost of living tax credit which varies depending on your income while maxing out at $942 to help offset the high cost of living in the Northwest Territories.
For sales tax, please visit our Northwest Territories Sales Tax Rates and Calculator page.
Additional Provinces and Territories
- Nothing on this page should be taken as tax advice. The content is strictly for educational purposes only.
- Estimated results are just estimates. They do not assure future results. There is no guarantee this is what you will actually see.
- While internal calculations are not rounded, all final resultant numbers are rounded normally with numbers ending in 0.5 and above being rounded up.
- Tax situations vary widely and calculations can get very complex. This income tax calculator only provides a rough estimate according to the most common scenarios for salary (standard employment income) that comes from an employer. If you are self-employed, your taxes might differ.
- There may be additional deductions, credits, exemptions, allowances, reliefs, etc depending on many factors. Some factors are about your family such as the number of dependents, children, relatives, parents, etc. Other factors may include mortgage payments, property depreciation, charitible donations, additional voluntary retirement contributions, etc. Whether or not you are handicapped and/or disabled may also sometimes be an additional factor.
- Depending on region and jurisdiction, salary bonuses may be treated and taxed differently from standard salary. Additionally, some cities may have city specific income tax.
- This income tax calculator only estimates income tax. It does not consider other taxes like property tax, self-employment tax, capital gains tax, dividend tax, etc.
- Income tax calculators from other sites may show slightly different numbers due to different deductions/credits being included or they are based on data from a different year.
- Investomatica is not a tax advisor. While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in tax codes, we make no guarantee our salary calculator will be accurate. Generally, we review changes once a year. If you notice a major miscalculation or error with our salary calculator (most likely caused by a typo somewhere), feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific tax questions, please consult a licensed tax professional.
Ratings for Northwest Territories Income Tax Calculator
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.