Total Profit Per ItemError, Please Try Again$ 0.00
Profit Margin0.00 %
Total Profit / Total Revenue
Return on Cost0.00 %
Total Profit / Item Cost
Breakeven Price$ 0.00
Total Fees$ 0.00
Average Fee Rate0.00 %
Total Fees / Total Revenue
Total Revenue$ 0.00
Listing Fee$ 0.00
Transaction Fee$ 0.00
Etsy Payment Fee$ 0.00
Offsite Ad Fee$ 0.00
Total Fees$ 0.00
Total Cost$ 0.00
Additional VAT$ 0.00
Total Profit$ 0.00
Summary of Results
Enter your values into the calculator above to calculate your fees and profit when selling on Etsy. You'll then get your estimated results and a quick summary down here.
Given the options that you've provided, if you sell an item for 0 on Etsy, which you originally acquired for 0 along with a shipping charge of 0 and a shipping cost of 0, then you should make 0 in profitthen unfortunately, you will likely see a loss of 0 after 0 in total fees.
In terms of percentage, the fees end up being around 0 % of your revenue. This results in a profit margin of about 0 % after including your costs. Based on your item cost of 0, your return on cost should be around 0 %.
In order to breakeven, you'll need to sell for at least 0.
To learn more about etsy fees, along with other useful info, so that you can gain a deeper understanding of how they affect your sales, scroll down to the detail section below!
Investomatica's Etsy Fee Calculator
Mobile friendly and easy to use web application
- A modern, clean and dynamic interface that's easy to use and works just as well on mobile phones as it does on desktop computers. No need for a separate and clunky app on your phone that wastes your storage space. Simply bookmark this page on your mobile browser and you're good to go! Many mobile browsers also let you pin bookmarks onto your home screen for the ultimate convenience. Our web application is also completely free to use.
Automatic calculations and saving
- Our etsy profit calculator will automatically calculate and re-calculate as you enter and change values.
- Visit often? Our etsy calculator saves you time by automatically saving your last entered numbers and options so you can pick up right where you left off. Note that all data is only stored locally on your browser. If you want to reset the calculator, there's a handy "reset calculator" button. Alternatively, clearing your browser cache works too.
- Our etsy profit calculator is the only one that includes breakeven analysis for every single scenario that can be configured given our list of options. Give yourself a much better idea of how to price your items and sales by knowing the minimum price required to make a profit.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our etsy fee calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know.
- Etsy has raised their transaction fee from 5% to 6.5% as of April 11, 2022.
- As of July 1st, 2021, etsy charges an additional regulatory operating fee for sellers located in certain regions. For more details, check our detail section below.
- The currency exchange rates that our calculator uses are automatically updated once a day.
- Our etsy fee calculator includes every single region that is supported by etsy payments. Currently, that stands at over 40+ regions with them being Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are fees calculated on etsy?
There are various types of fees on etsy. Some of them are calculated based on a percentage amount, some of them are a fixed amount, and some of them combine both percentage and fixed amounts. Note that most percentage based fees include shipping in their calculations and some even include sales tax, if present. Making use of an etsy fee calculator is a good idea.
What percentage does etsy take?
Both fixed and percentage based fees exist on etsy. The cumulative percentage, considering all percentage based fees and all scenarios, can range from 9.5% to somewhere around 30%. This etsy fee calculator provides the estimated fees you can expect to see.
Details about etsy fees
Selling fees on etsy are relatively straightforward. They don't vary based on what you sell so that's a positive aspect when compared to other platforms, but fees are spread out across many different types.
In addition, etsy exists and operates in many regions of the world and some fees only exist in some regions. Of note, one curious aspect of the etsy platform is that all the different regions utilize a common base as opposed to each region having its own mini-platform, per se. So the fees and rates are much more interwoven between the different regions.
- First and foremost of the fees is the listing fee. This fee is charged right when you create a listing and will be repeatedly charged when an expired listing is renewed.
- The listing fee is $0.20 USD per listing and listings expire after 4 months.
- Etsy also provides automatic renewal of listings so you won't have to manually renew your listing when a listing expires.
- It is important to note that the listing fee is always described in US Dollars regardless of the region of the seller. Etsy will simply convert the listing fee into your local currency based on the latest exchange rates. In other words, the listing fee will naturally fluctuate for every region outside of the United States.
- The second main fee is the transaction fee. This is a flat rate of 6.5% on the sales revenue, which includes shipping and gift wrap, if present.
Etsy Payments Fee
- Most regions on the etsy platform are now using the etsy payments system as their payment processor.
- There are several different types of fees associated with Etsy Payments depending on the seller's region and their currency settings. These include the main processing fee, the deposit currency conversion fee, the regulatory operating fee, and the deposit fee.
- The main processing fee varies depending on your region and is applied on the total amount of the sale, which includes shipping, gift wrap, and sales tax, if present. The table below shows the fees per region.
|Location of Bank Account||Fees for Etsy Payments(% of total sale price + flat fee per order)|
|Australia (domestic orders)||3% + 0.25 AUD|
|Australia (international orders)||4% + 0.25 AUD|
|Austria||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Belgium||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Bulgaria||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Canada (domestic orders or orders from the US)||3% + 0.25 CAD|
|Canada (international orders)||4% + 0.25 CAD|
|Croatia||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Cyprus||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Czech Republic||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Denmark||4% + 2.50 DKK|
|Estonia||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Finland||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|France||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Germany||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Greece||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Hong Kong||4.4% + 2.00 HKD|
|Hungary||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Indonesia||4.5% + 7000 IDR|
|Ireland||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Israel||4.5% + 2 ILS|
|Italy||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Latvia||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Lithuania||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Luxembourg||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Malaysia||4.5% + 2 MYR|
|Malta||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Mexico||4.5% + 10 MXN|
|Morocco||4.5% + 5 MAD|
|Netherlands||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|New Zealand (domestic orders)||3% + 0.30 NZD|
|New Zealand (international orders)||4% + 0.30 NZD|
|Norway||4% + 2.50 NOK|
|Philippines||4.5% + 25 PHP|
|Poland||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Portugal||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Romania||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Singapore||4.4% + 0.35 SGD|
|Slovakia||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Slovenia||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|South Africa||4.5% + 8 ZAR|
|Spain||4% + 0.30 EUR|
|Sweden||4% + 3.00 SEK|
|Switzerland||4% + 0.50 CHF|
|Turkey||6.5% + 3 TRY|
|United Kingdom||4% + 0.20 GBP|
|United States||3% + 0.25 USD|
|Vietnam||4.5% + 11500 VND|
Deposit Currency Conversion Fee
- By default, the base currency of an etsy shop is set to be the same as that of the seller's native currency. However, sellers have an option to change the base currency used by their shops and thus their listings.
- If you change your shop's base currency to something other than your native currency, etsy will charge an extra 2.5% conversion fee on all deposits.
- That being said, there is generally no need to change your shop's base currency as etsy will already automatically convert the prices from your base currency to the buyer's currency. The only reason one might change their shop's base currency is if you want nice round numbers in a particular currency for a target region. However, given the extra fee that is incurred, this is almost always not worth it.
- The deposit currency conversion fee is part of the etsy payment fee.
Regulatory Operating Fee
- Starting from July 1st, 2021, an additional regulatory operating fee exists for sellers located in certain regions. This is a percentage based fee that varies based on the seller location. Etsy has introduced this new fee in order to offset the additional costs required to follow new regulations introduced by these regions. For example, some of these regulations take on the form of a digital services tax.
- Note that this fee is applied on the item price, shipping charge, and any additional revenue from gift wrap and personalization, if applicable.
- The regulatory operating fee is part of the etsy payment fee.
|Location of Seller||Regulatory Operating Fee|
- A few regions have special rules and fees relating to deposits which refers to the funds you receive from etsy and transfer into your bank account. For these regions, there exists a deposit minimum, a fee threshold, and a potential deposit fee.
- The deposit minimum describes the minimum amount of funds within etsy that you need in order to be able to receive and transfer them into your bank account.
- The fee threshold describes if you will be charged a deposit fee. If your deposit is smaller than the threshold, you will be charged a deposit fee. On the other hand, if your deposit is larger than the threshold, you will not be charged a deposit fee.
- Since this fee has nothing to do with single orders and only concerns a small minority of regions, our calculator does not include a dedicated field for it. If you want to factor this fee in, simply add it into one of the cost fields.
|Country||Deposit Minimum||Fee threshold||Deposit fee|
|Indonesia||28,000.00 IDR||1,400,000.00 IDR||28,000.00 IDR|
|Israel||7.00 ILS||350.00 ILS||7.00 ILS|
|Malaysia||9.00 MYR||400.00 MYR||8.00 MYR|
|Mexico||40.00 MXN||2,000.00 MXN||40.00 MXN|
|Morocco||20.00 MAD||1,000.00 MAD||20.00 MAD|
|Philippines||100.00 PHP||5,000.00 PHP||100.00 PHP|
|South Africa||35.00 ZAR||1,500.00 ZAR||30.00 ZAR|
|Turkey||50.00 TRY||600.00 TRY||42.00 TRY|
|Vietnam||45,000.00 VND||2,300,000.00 VND||45,000.00 VND|
Offsite Ad Fee
- As with all platforms, advertising is a big deal. One way that etsy advertises itself is through a program called offsite ads in which they select individual listings (which may or may not include yours) and advertising them in places that include search engine results, social media sites, Etsy Publishing Partner sites, and Google Display Network sites. Those who make a sale from an offsite ad are charged an offsite ad fee.
- For sellers that made at least $10,000 USD on etsy in the past 365 days, participation in this offsite ad program is mandatory and automatic. Furthermore, sellers must then stay in the program for the lifetime of their shop. The offsite ad fee rate for these sellers stands at 12%. If you are a seller who fits this criteria, you must toggle the offsite option in our calculator and specify your sales status in order for our calculator to include this in the calculations.
- On the other hand, for sellers that made under $10,000 USD on etsy in the past 365 days, participation in the offsite ad program is optional. For sellers that do decide to participate, the offsite ad fee rate is a little higher at 15%.
- It is important to note that there is a maximum cap of $100 USD on the offsite ad fee regardless of seller status.
- While all the amounts above are described in US Dollars, etsy will automatically apply the latest currency conversion rates to process and calculate your fees, if any.
Notes about Sales Tax
In places like the United States, etsy automatically collects sales tax from buyers and remits sales tax on behalf of sellers when applicable in most states. In other words, it is the buyer who pays this tax so this will not directly cut into your profit. However, it can still indirectly affect your profit since the total sale amount used in the etsy payment fee calculation includes sales tax.
Since sales tax is so extremely varied, we do not automatically provide this information but we do provide a field where you can enter it if desired.
To look up the sales tax rate in the United States, please visit our United States sales tax rates and calculator page to access our full sales tax rate database.
To look up the sales tax rate in Canada, please visit our Canada sales tax rates and calculator page to access our full sales tax rate database.
Notes about VAT
In some regions, sales tax manifests in the form of a value added tax (VAT) which can then be further classified into more specific terms which include Goods and Services Tax (GST), etc. For example, places where VAT exist include Canada, the European Union, Australia, and New Zealand among others. How VAT works is that it is applied not only on the sales revenue paid by the buyer, but also on everything else, which includes the fees paid by the seller as well. Fortunately, many regions do allow sellers to reclaim the VAT on fees and costs for business related transactions.
Since VAT doesn't exist everywhere and varies wildly from place to place, our calculator includes an optional field for it that you can use if it is applicable to your situation. On the other hand, if it doesn't apply to you or you're able to reclaim VAT, you can leave that field disabled.
To represent reclaiming VAT on your costs in our calculator, simply subtract the VAT from your costs and enter the smaller cost numbers into the cost fields.
For more information about VAT and etsy, please visit etsy's website or consult with a tax professional.
Notes about Paypal
Due to the fact that Etsy has transitioned away from Paypal to their in house payment processing solution for most regions and will continue doing so, our calculator does not include paypal as an option since it is mostly irrelevant now.
Note that this doesn't mean buyers can't pay with Paypal for regions that use Etsy Payments as the payment processor. Buyers can still pay with Paypal, but the fees that sellers see will come from Etsy Payments as opposed to from Paypal.
- Investomatica is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with etsy.
- While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in fee rules and structures, we make no guarantee our calculator will be accurate. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence before making any business decision.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions regarding etsy fees and your etsy account, please directly contact etsy support.
Ratings for Etsy Fee Calculator
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.