eBay Motors Calculator for the UK
Sell smarter with estimates on profit, fees, margins, and breakevens for vehicle sales on eBay Motors in the UK
(scroll down for other regions)
Total Profit Per ItemError, Please Try Again
Total Profit / Total Revenue
Return on Cost
Total Profit / Item Cost
Average Fee Rate
Total Fees / Total Revenue
Summary of Results
Enter your values into our calculator above to estimate what your fees and profit might potentially be when selling on eBay Motors in the UK. You'll then get your projected results and a quick summary down here.
To learn more about ebay motor fees in the UK and to see neatly formatted tables of fees per option, among other useful info, so that you can gain a deeper understanding of how they affect your sales, scroll down to the detail section below!
Table of Contents
eBay Motors Fee Calculators
eBay Fee Calculators
Investomatica's eBay Motors Calculator
Mobile friendly and easy to use
- A modern, clean and dynamic interface that's easy to use and works just as well on mobile phones as it does on desktop computers. No need for a separate and clunky app on your phone that wastes your storage space. Simply bookmark this page on your mobile browser and you're good to go! Many mobile browsers also let you pin bookmarks onto your home screen for the ultimate convenience.
Automatic calculations and saving
- Our calculator will automatically calculate and re-calculate as you enter and change values.
- Visit often? Our calculator saves you time by automatically saving your last entered numbers and options so you can pick up right where you left off. Note that all data is only stored locally on your browser. If you want to reset the calculator, there's a handy "reset calculator" button. Alternatively, clearing your browser cache works too.
- Our calculator is the only one that includes breakeven analysis for every single scenario that can be configured given our list of options. Give yourself an advantage over your competition by having a much better grasp of where the breakeven point is so that you can have a much better idea of how to price your items and sales.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our ebay motors fee calculator for the UK, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know.
- This calculator is only for calculating fees and profits when selling vehicles on eBay Motors with ebay.co.uk in the UK. If you're looking to sell non-vehicle items like parts and accessories under the eBay Motors category, please check out our normal eBay Calculator for the UK.
- Starting from winter 2021, ebay has removed all mentions of paypal integration and fees since their roll out for managed payments has finished. Therefore, our calculator no longer provides an option to calculate associated paypal fees since no sellers are allowed to use paypal anymore and there is no longer any official information about it.
- Since the ebay managed payment rollout has concluded, paypal integration is no longer supported. With managed payments, there are currently no credit card processing fees or extra final value fee for selling vehicles on eBay Motors. This is confirmed by the lack of any mention of said fee on ebay documentation and also confirmed by ebay support. However, this may change at anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are fees calculated on eBay Motors UK?
Fees vary based on the type of seller you are, the type of listing you choose, the selling price of the vehicle, and the options, if any, you select for your listing. Making use of an ebay motors calculator to handle all these complex fees is a good idea.
What percentage does eBay Motors UK take?
The listing fee is a small fixed fee while the final value fee ranges from 0.9% to 1.0% depending on your seller type. Additionally, the final value fee has both a minimum cap and a maximum cap. In many cases, the final value fee percentage may end up lower because of the max cap. This ebay motors calculator shows the estimated fees you can expect to see.
Do eBay Motor fees include VAT in the UK?
eBay fees for private sellers include VAT while ebay fees for business sellers exclude VAT.
Details about eBay Motors Fees in the UK
Motors vehicles listings are those within the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles categories.
Fees are much simpler when selling vehicles on eBay Motors when compared to selling anything else on ebay, which involves a final value fee that varies based on a multitude of factors.
There are basically just three main fees. They are the listing fee, the final value fee, which varies based on whether you're a private seller or a business seller, and the optional listing upgrade fees.
Note that final value fee is only applied when you successfully complete a sale.
Fees for private sellers
- The following fees are inclusive of VAT.
|Listing Type||Listing Fee||Final Value Fee|
|Auction-style||£14.99||1% of the final transaction (min. £25, max. £45)|
Fees for business sellers
- The following fees are exclusive of VAT. If you select "Business Seller" as your seller type in our calculator, a "VAT on Fees" field will show up where you can enter your VAT rate to apply on ebay fees.
|Listing Type||Listing Fee||Final Value Fee|
|Auction-style||£13.99||0.9% of the final transaction (min. £21.99, max. £39.49)|
Optional Listing Upgrades
- Note that the "Buy It Now" and "Reserve Price" upgrades are only available for auction-style listings.
- For private sellers, the below fees are inclusive of VAT while they are exclusive of VAT for business sellers. If you select "Business Seller" as your seller type in our calculator, a "VAT on Fees" field will show up where you can enter your VAT rate to apply on ebay fees.
|Buy It Now||£5.99|
Note that not all listing upgrades are available with every listing tool and not all optional feature upgrades may be displayed across all of ebay's sites, services, applications, and tools.
Notes about VAT in the UK
- VAT (Value Added Tax) applies to everything including fees and revenue. The default VAT rate is 20%. For more information about VAT rates, please visit the UK's official government website.
- eBay includes VAT in their fees and tables for private sellers while not including VAT in their fees and tables for business sellers.
- As a result of this, if you specify that you are a business seller in our calculator by setting the seller type to "Business Seller", a field will show up where you can enter the VAT rate you would like to apply onto your ebay fees. The field is simply called "VAT on Fees". Simply enter a number into the field and our calculator will add the specified VAT onto your ebay fees.
- As far as VAT on revenue goes, there is a corresponding field for that in our calculator where you can enter the VAT rate that you would like to apply to the revenue (item sold price + shipping charge). In other words, this means setting aside a portion of the revenue to pay for VAT.
Reclaiming VAT on eBay Motor Fees in the UK
- You can usually reclaim the VAT paid on goods and services purchased for use in your business. In other words, business sellers can reclaim the VAT paid on ebay fees.
- For example, to represent reclaiming all of the VAT on fees in our calculator, simply enter zero into the "VAT on Fees" field (this field shows up when you indicate that you are a business seller).
- To represent reclaiming VAT on your costs in our calculator, simply subtract the VAT from your costs and enter the smaller cost numbers into the cost fields.
- For more information about reclaiming VAT, please visit the UK's official government website and consult with a tax professional.
- Investomatica is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ebay.
- While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in fee rules and structures, estimated results are just estimates. They are not a guarantee of future results. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence before making any business decision. Nothing here constitutes advice.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions regarding your ebay account, please directly contact ebay support.
Calculate Fees and Profit for Other PlatformseBay CalculatorEtsy CalculatorPoshmark CalculatorStockX CalculatorMercari Calculator
Ratings for eBay Motors Calculator for the UK
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.