eBay Motors Calculator for Australia
Sell smarter with estimates on profit, fees, margins, and breakevens for vehicle sales on eBay Motors in Australia
(scroll down for other regions)
Total Profit Per ItemError, Please Try Again
Total Profit / Total Revenue
Return on Cost
Total Profit / Item Cost
Average Fee Rate
Total Fees / Total Revenue
Summary of Results
Enter your values into our calculator above to estimate what your fees and profit might potentially be when selling on eBay Motors in Australia. You'll then get your projected results and a quick summary down here.
To learn more about ebay motor fees in Australia and to see neatly formatted tables of fees per option, among other useful info, so that you can gain a deeper understanding of how they affect your sales, scroll down to the detail section below!
Table of Contents
eBay Motors Fee Calculators
eBay Fee Calculators
Investomatica's eBay Motors Calculator
Mobile friendly and easy to use
- A modern, clean and dynamic interface that's easy to use and works just as well on mobile phones as it does on desktop computers. No need for a separate and clunky app on your phone that wastes your storage space. Simply bookmark this page on your mobile browser and you're good to go! Many mobile browsers also let you pin bookmarks onto your home screen for the ultimate convenience.
Automatic calculations and saving
- Our calculator will automatically calculate and re-calculate as you enter and change values.
- Visit often? Our calculator saves you time by automatically saving your last entered numbers and options so you can pick up right where you left off. Note that all data is only stored locally on your browser. If you want to reset the calculator, there's a handy "reset calculator" button. Alternatively, clearing your browser cache works too.
- Our calculator is the only one that includes breakeven analysis for every single scenario that can be configured given our list of options. Give yourself an advantage over your competition by having a much better grasp of where the breakeven point is so that you can have a much better idea of how to price your items and sales.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our ebay motors fee calculator for Australia, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know.
- This calculator is only for calculating fees and profits when selling vehicles on eBay Motors with ebay.com.au in Australia. If you're looking to sell non-vehicle items like parts and accessories under the eBay Motors category, please check out our normal eBay Calculator for Australia.
- Starting from winter 2021, ebay has removed all mentions of paypal integration and fees since their roll out for managed payments has finished. Therefore, our calculator no longer provides an option to calculate associated paypal fees since no sellers are allowed to use paypal anymore and there is no longer any official information about it.
- Since the ebay managed payment rollout has concluded, paypal integration is no longer supported. With managed payments, there are currently no credit card processing fees or extra final value fee for selling vehicles on eBay Motors. This is confirmed by the lack of any mention of said fee on ebay documentation and also confirmed by ebay support. However, this may change at anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are fees calculated on eBay Motors Australia?
Fees vary based on the type of listing you choose and what options you select for your listing. Making use of an ebay motors calculator to handle all these complex fee rules is a good idea.
What percentage does eBay Motors Australia take?
As far as fees go when selling vehicles on eBay Motors in Australia, all are small fixed fees. As a result of these fees being fixed, the percentage of your sale that these fees take up will vary depending on the amount of the sale. This ebay motors calculator gives you the estimated fees you can expect to see.
Do eBay Motor fees include GST in Australia?
eBay fees do not include GST if you provide your ABN (Australian Business Number) to ebay. Otherwise, the fees will include GST.
Details about eBay Motors Fees in Australia
Motors vehicles listings are those within the Vehicles categories.
Fees are much simpler when selling vehicles on eBay Motors when compared to selling anything else on ebay, which involves a final value fee that varies based on a multitude of factors.
There are basically just three main fees. They are the insertion fee, the final value fee, and the optional listing upgrade fees. All of these fees are small fixed amounts.
|Listing format||Insertion fee (includes GST)|
|Auction or fixed price||$8.80|
|Classified Ad with Best Offer||$21.99|
Final Value Fee
|Listing format||Final value fee (includes GST)|
|Auction or fixed price||$66.00|
|Classified Ad with Best Offer||$66.00|
Optional Listing Upgrades
- Note, our calculator assumes a successful sale so it won't add the fee for using a reserve price.
Fee (incl. GST)
Add Buy It Now to an auction
$0.11 without a Store
$0.55 for Stores subscribers
Notes about GST in the Australia
- GST (Goods and Services Tax) is a VAT (Value Added Tax) that applies to everything including fees and revenue. The default GST rate is 10%.
- eBay includes GST in their fees and tables.
- Note that ebay's documentation also says that "if you're a business customer and are registered for GST in Australia, you can get a GST exemption if you register your Australian Business Number (ABN) with eBay." In other words, they're saying that "if you're a business customer and you provided your Australian Business Number (ABN) to eBay during registration, [they] won't add GST to your eBay fees." If this is the case for you, simply toggle the "provided abn to ebay" field in our calculator and GST will not be included in the fees.
- As far as GST on revenue goes, there is a corresponding field for that in our calculator where you can enter the GST rate that you would like to apply to the revenue (item sold price + shipping charge). In other words, this means setting aside a portion of the revenue to pay for GST.
- Investomatica is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ebay.
- While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in fee rules and structures, estimated results are just estimates. They are not a guarantee of future results. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence before making any business decision. Nothing here constitutes advice.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions regarding your ebay account, please directly contact ebay support.
Calculate Fees and Profit for Other PlatformseBay CalculatorEtsy CalculatorPoshmark CalculatorStockX CalculatorMercari Calculator
Ratings for eBay Motors Calculator for Australia
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.