Do not include the percent symbol (%)
Do not include the percent symbol (%)
Total Profit Per ItemError, Please Try Again€ 0.00
Profit Margin0.00 %
Total Profit / Total Revenue
Return on Cost0.00 %
Total Profit / Item Cost
Breakeven Price$ 0.00
Total Fees€ 0.00
Average Fee Rate0.00 %
Total Fees / Total Revenue
Total Revenue€ 0.00
Total Fees€ 0.00
Total Costs€ 0.00
Additional VAT € 0.00
Total Profit€ 0.00
Enter your values into the calculator above to calculate your fees and profit when selling on ebay.ie in Ireland. You'll then get your estimated results and a quick summary down here.
Given the options that you've provided, if you sell an item for 0 on ebay.ie in Ireland which you originally acquired for 0 along with a shipping charge of 0 and a shipping cost of 0, then you should make 0 in profit after 0 in total fees. In terms of percentage, the fees end up being around 0 % of your revenue. This results in a profit margin of about 0 % after including your costs. Based on your item cost of 0, your return on cost should be around 0 %.
In order to breakeven, you'll need to sell for at least 0.
Table of Contents
Investomatica's eBay Fee Calculator
Mobile friendly and easy to use
- A modern, clean and dynamic interface that's easy to use along with better details and also works just as well on mobile phones as it does on desktop computers. No need for a separate and clunky app on your phone that wastes your storage space. Simply bookmark this page on your mobile browser and you're good to go! Many mobile browsers also let you pin bookmarks onto your home screen for the ultimate convenience.
Automatic calculations and saving
- Our ebay fee calculator will automatically calculate and re-calculate as you enter and change values.
- Visit often? Our ebay fee calculator saves you time by automatically saving your last entered numbers and options so you can pick up right where you left off. Note that all data is only stored locally on your browser. If you want to reset the calculator, there's a handy "reset calculator" button. Alternatively, clearing your browser cache works too.
Quickest to update when changes in fees happen
- With a much more robust system in place that keeps track of when ebay makes unannounced changes to their fees and rates, our ebay fee calculator is the quickest to incorporate new changes so that you can better rely on our results.
- Our ebay fee calculator is the only one that includes breakeven analysis for every single scenario that can be configured given our list of options. Give yourself an advantage over your competition by having a much better grasp of where the breakeven point is so that you can have a much better idea of how to price your items and sales.
- The organization of fees is completely different when selling vehicles on eBay Motors in Ireland. As a result, we've separated that into its own calculator as opposed to cramming everything into one. If you're interested in selling vehicles on eBay Motors in Ireland, please check out our eBay Motors Calculator for Ireland.
- Starting from winter 2021, ebay has removed all mentions of paypal integration and fees since their roll out for ebay managed payments has finished. Therefore, our calculator no longer provides an option to calculate associated paypal fees since no sellers are allowed to use paypal anymore and there is no longer any official information about it.
- For our calculator, numbers are rounded to 2 decimal places in the normal fashion. (For example, 1.005 rounds to 1.01) Third-party calculators from other sources may round numbers in a different way and as a result may show slightly different numbers.
How are fees calculated on ebay in Ireland?
There are various types of fees on ebay. Some of them are calculated based on a percentage amount, some of them are a fixed amount, and some of them combine both percentage and fixed amounts. Note that most percentage based fees include shipping in their calculations.
What percentage does ebay take in Ireland?
The main fee is called the final value fee and it varies based on the item category and whether you're a private seller or a business seller. Depending on these factors, the percentage can range from 5% to 11%. For more details, check out our detail section below.
How much are ebay fees in Ireland?
For ebay, the fees can range from 5% to 11%.
How does ebay calculate the final value fee in Ireland?
ebay calculates the final value fee based on what they call the "total amount of the sale" which includes shipping. Generally, a percentage is multiplied against this, then a fixed fee is sometimes added on top.
Do ebay fees include VAT in Ireland?
eBay fees for private sellers include VAT while ebay fees for business sellers exclude VAT.
Details about eBay Fees and eBay Seller Fees in Ireland
The primary seller fee that ebay charges is called the final value fee. This fee is calculated on the total amount of the sale which includes shipping. It varies based on two main factors which are:
- the item category
- whether you're a private seller or a business seller
We've included tables below that outline this selling fee in each of these scenarios.
The final value fee can be further modified depending on your seller level.
Business sellers can quality for the "Top Rated" status. If you qualify, ebay provides a discount of 10% off the percentage portion of their final value fee, but only on "Premium Service listings" which basically means offering higher quality shipping and return policies. This discount typically shows up at the end of the month when you receive your invoice.
There are many other terms associated with how this "Top Rated" discount works. We'll list some of the most prominent ones here. Only sellers registered in the UK or Ireland with UK eBay Top-rated seller status will receive final value fee discounts for items sold on eBay.co.uk or eBay.ie. UK sellers don't receive discounts for items sold on other sites (except eBay.ie), even if they have eBay Top-rated Seller status in those countries. For the rest of the details, please refer to ebay's documentation. When you select the "Top Rated" option in our calculator, we're assuming you've checked and made sure you qualify for the discount and that your listing is a "Premium Service listing".
Note that this discount is calculated off of your fees and not on the amount of the sale. For example, if the fee was originally 11%, your fees would not go to 1% with the "Top Rated" 10% discount. The discount itself would simply be your fee multiplied by 10%, which would then be subtracted from your total fees.
Unlike the US, Canada, UK, and Australia, ebay documentation for Ireland does not seem to indicate that "Below Standard" sellers get a penalty percentage added onto their final value fees. Other disadvantages like lower ranking still exist though.
Unlike the UK, ebay documentation for Ireland also does not seem to mention any volume discounts for business sellers.
Additionally, there are supplemental fees for selling internationally, promoting your listing, and various other miscellaneous ebay selling fees like making the title of your listing bold, for example. Our calculator should be able to handle all of these too. Just make sure to click on the right switches to indicate so and enter your values. If you're looking for more details about these, please see their corresponding details sections below.
Note that the final value fee is only applied when you successfully complete a sale.
Final Value Fees for Private Sellers
- The final value fee doesn't vary per item category.
- Note that the below fees include VAT at 23%.
|Payment System||eBay Final Value Fee|
|eBay Managed Payments|
If you're a business seller, the final value fee varies based on item category. The two tables below outline the fees for each category.
Final Value Fee Table for Business Sellers
- When you're a business seller.
- The final value fee for most categories is 11% except for the categories in the table below.
- Note that the below fees do not include VAT. If you select "Business Seller" as your seller type in our calculator, a "VAT on Fees" field will show up where you can enter your VAT rate to apply on ebay fees.
|Category||Category ID||Final value fee|
Sound & Vision
Cameras & Photography
Computers/Tablets & Networking
Mobile Phones & Communication
Video Games & Consoles
Car Wheels, Tyres & Trims
Motorcycle Wheels & Tyres
Non-Sport Trading Card NFTs
Sport Trading Card NFTs
- The ebay international fee is a percentage fee and varies based on your seller type and the location of your buyer. This is calculated off of the "total sale amount", which includes shipping.
|Seller Type||Eurozone and Sweden||UK||All other countries|
(VAT not included)
* Europe: Albania, Andorra, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Vatican City, Hungary, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, North Macedonia
Promoted Listings Fee
- A Promoted Listings fee is charged based on the ad rate selected by the seller. The ad rate is a percentage of only the item's final sale price (excluding shipping), and is only charged when a buyer clicks on the promoted listing and purchases the promoted item within 30 days of that click. The fee is based on the ad rate that was in effect when the promoted listing was last clicked.
- If you are a private seller, our calculator will automatically add a VAT of 23% on top of your promoted listing ad rate to make the resultant fee consistent with all the other private seller ebay fees (which already include VAT).
- If you are a business seller, our calculator will only add a VAT on top of your promoted listing ad rate if you specify to do so via the "VAT on Fees" field.
Other Miscellaneous Fees
- For details about other miscellaneous ebay selling fees, such as optional listing upgrade fees and classified ad fees, please check on ebay's website.
Notes about VAT in Ireland
- VAT (Value Added Tax) applies to everything including fees and revenue. The default VAT rate is 23%. For more information about VAT rates, please visit Ireland's official government website.
- eBay includes VAT in their fees and tables for private sellers while not including VAT in their fees and tables for business sellers.
- As a result of this, if you specify that you are a business seller in our calculator by setting the seller type to "Business Seller", a field will show up where you can enter the VAT rate you would like to apply onto your ebay fees. The field is simply called "VAT on Fees". Simply enter a number into the field and our calculator will add the specified VAT onto your ebay fees.
- As far as VAT on revenue goes, there is a corresponding field for that in our calculator where you can enter the VAT rate that you would like to apply to the revenue (item sold price + shipping charge). In other words, this means setting aside a portion of the revenue to pay for VAT.
Reclaiming VAT on eBay Fees in Ireland
- It's possible for business sellers to reclaim the VAT paid on ebay fees.
- For example, to represent reclaiming all of the VAT on ebay fees in our calculator, simply enter zero into the "VAT on Fees" field (this field shows up when you indicate that you are a business seller).
- To represent reclaiming VAT on your costs in our calculator, simply subtract the VAT from your costs and enter the smaller cost numbers into the cost fields.
- For more information about reclaiming VAT, please visit Ireland's official government website and consult with a tax professional.
eBay Fee Calculator Disclaimer
- Investomatica is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ebay.
- While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in fee rules and structures, we make no guarantee our ebay fee calculator will always be accurate. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence before making any business decision.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our ebay fee calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions regarding ebay fees and your ebay account, please directly contact ebay support.
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other.
Disqus Advertisement Disclaimer
Ads that show up within the disqus comment area below are added in by disqus. Investomatica has no control over those ads and does not benefit from them.