eBay Fee Calculator for Ireland
Sell smarter with our best in class calculator estimating profit, fees, margins, breakevens, and more for ebay.ie in Ireland
(scroll down for other regions)
Total Profit Per ItemError, Please Try Again
Total Profit / Total Revenue
Return on Cost
Total Profit / Item Cost
Average Fee Rate
Total Fees / Total Revenue
if revenue >= €10 then
Plus €0.35 instead
Includes 23% VAT
Summary of Results
Enter your values into our calculator above to estimate what your fees and profit might potentially be when selling on ebay.ie in Ireland. You'll then get your projected results and a quick summary down here.
To learn more about ebay fees in Ireland and to see neatly formatted tables of fees per item category, among other useful info, so that you can gain a deeper understanding of how they affect your sales, scroll down to the detail section below!
Table of Contents
eBay Fee Calculators
eBay Motors Fee Calculators
Investomatica's eBay Fee Calculator
Mobile friendly and easy to use web application
- A modern, clean and dynamic interface that's easy to use along with better details and also works just as well on mobile phones as it does on desktop computers. No need for a separate and clunky app on your phone that wastes your storage space. Simply bookmark this page on your mobile browser and you're good to go! Many mobile browsers also let you pin bookmarks onto your home screen for the ultimate convenience. Our web application is also completely free to use.
Automatic calculations and saving
- Our calculator will automatically calculate and re-calculate as you enter and change values.
- Visit often? Our calculator saves you time by automatically saving your last entered numbers and options so you can pick up right where you left off. Note that all data is only stored locally on your browser. If you want to reset the calculator, there's a handy "reset calculator" button. Alternatively, clearing your browser cache works too.
Quickest to update when changes in fees happen
- With a much more robust system in place that keeps track of when ebay makes unannounced changes to their fees and rates, our calculator is the quickest to incorporate new changes.
- Our ebay profit calculator is the only one that includes breakeven analysis for every single scenario that can be configured given our list of options. Give yourself an advantage over your competition by having a much better grasp of where the breakeven point is so that you can have a much better idea of how to price your items and sales.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our ebay fee calculator for Ireland, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know.
- The organization of fees is completely different when selling vehicles. As a result, we've separated that into its own calculator as opposed to cramming everything into one. If you're interested in selling vehicles, please check out our eBay Motors Calculator for Ireland.
- Starting from winter 2021, ebay has removed all mentions of paypal integration and fees since their roll out for managed payments has finished. Therefore, our calculator no longer provides an option to calculate associated paypal fees since no sellers are allowed to use paypal anymore and there is no longer any official information about it.
- Also starting from winter 2021, private sellers get a small reduction in the fixed fee component of the final value fee if the total amount of the sale is under €10. More details can be found in our detail section below.
- For our calculator, numbers are rounded to 2 decimal places in the normal fashion. (For example, 1.005 rounds to 1.01) Third-party calculators from other sources may round numbers in a different way and as a result may show slightly different numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are fees calculated on ebay Ireland?
There are many types of fees on ebay in Ireland. Some of them are calculated based on a percentage amount, some of them are a fixed amount, and some of them combine both percentage and fixed amounts. Note that most percentage based fees include shipping in their calculations. Making use of an ebay fee calculator to handle all this complexity is a good idea.
What percentage does ebay take in Ireland?
The main fee is called the final value fee and it varies based on the item category and whether you're a private seller or a business seller. Depending on these factors, the percentage can range from 5% to 11%. For more details, check out our detail section below.
How much are ebay fees in Ireland?
Ebay fees in Ireland can range from 5% to 11% based on a variety of factors. This ebay fee calculator reveals the estimated fees you can expect to see.
How does ebay calculate the final value fee in Ireland?
Ebay calculates the final value fee based on what they call the "total amount of the sale" which includes shipping. Generally, a percentage is multiplied against this, then a fixed fee is sometimes added on top.
Do ebay fees include VAT in Ireland?
Fees for private sellers include VAT while fees for business sellers exclude VAT.
Details about eBay Seller Fees in Ireland
The primary seller fee that ebay charges is called the final value fee. This fee is calculated on the total amount of the sale which includes shipping. It varies based on two main factors which are:
- the item category
- whether you're a private seller or a business seller
We've included tables below that outline this selling fee in each of these scenarios.
The final value fee can be further modified depending on your seller status.
Top Rated Business Sellers
Business sellers can quality for the "Top Rated" status. If you qualify, ebay provides a discount of 10% off the percentage portion of their final value fee, but only on "Premium Service listings" which basically means offering higher quality shipping and return policies. This discount typically shows up at the end of the month when you receive your invoice.
There are many other terms associated with how this "Top Rated" discount works. We'll list some of the most prominent ones here. Only sellers registered in the UK or Ireland with UK eBay Top-rated seller status will receive final value fee discounts for items sold on eBay.co.uk or eBay.ie. UK sellers don't receive discounts for items sold on other sites (except eBay.ie), even if they have eBay Top-rated Seller status in those countries. For the rest of the details, please refer to ebay's documentation. When you select the "Top Rated" option in our calculator, we're assuming you've checked and made sure you qualify for the discount and that your listing is a "Premium Service listing".
Note that this discount is calculated off of your fees and not on the amount of the sale. For example, if the fee was originally 11%, your fees would not go to 1% with the "Top Rated" 10% discount. The discount itself would simply be your fee multiplied by 10%, which would then be subtracted from your total fees.
Sellers not meeting performance expectations
Unlike the US, Canada, UK, and Australia, ebay documentation for Ireland does not seem to indicate that "Below Standard" sellers get a penalty percentage added onto their final value fees. Other disadvantages like lower ranking still exist though.
Unlike the UK, ebay documentation for Ireland also does not seem to mention any volume discounts for business sellers.
Additionally, there are supplemental fees for selling internationally, promoting your listing, and various other miscellaneous ebay selling fees like making the title of your listing bold, for example. Our calculator should be able to handle all of these too. Just make sure to click on the right switches to indicate so and enter your values. If you're looking for more details about these, please see their corresponding details sections below.
Note that the final value fee is only applied when you successfully complete a sale.
Final Value Fees for Private Sellers
- The final value fee doesn't vary per item category.
- Note that the below fees include VAT at 23%.
|Payment System||Final Value Fee|
|eBay Managed Payments|
If you're a business seller, the final value fee varies based on item category. The two tables below outline the fees for each category.
Final Value Fee Table for Business Sellers
- The percentage portion of the final value fee varies according to item category. The below tables show how they vary.
- In addition, regardless of category, there is also a fixed fee of €0.35 added to the final value fee.
- Note that the below fees do not include VAT. If you select "Business Seller" as your seller type in our calculator, a "VAT on Fees" field will show up where you can enter your VAT rate to apply on ebay fees.
|Category||Final Value Fee (per item)|
|Electronic devices||See Below Table|
|Auto & Moto: Parts & Accessories||
|Auto & Moto: Tyres & Rims||
|Jewellery & Watches||
|Home & Garden||
Electronic Devices Final Value Fees
|Sub Category/Sub Category ID||Final value fee (per item)|
Computers/Tablets & Networking
Cameras & Photography
Sound & Vision
Mobile Phones & Communication
Video Games & Consoles
Electric Shaving & Hair Removal
Electric Oral & Dental Care
Hair Styling Devices
- The international fee is a percentage fee that applies when you sell outside Ireland and varies based on your seller type and the location of your buyer. This is calculated off of the "total sale amount", which includes shipping.
|Seller Type||Eurozone and Sweden||UK||All other countries|
(VAT not included)
* Europe: Albania, Andorra, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Vatican City, Hungary, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, North Macedonia
Promoted Listings Fee
- A Promoted Listings fee is charged based on the ad rate selected by the seller. The ad rate is a percentage of the total amount of the sale, which includes shipping. In other words, it's calcuated in the same method as the final value fee. Note that this fee is only charged when a buyer clicks on the promoted listing and purchases the promoted item within 30 days of that click. Additionally, the fee is based on the ad rate that was in effect when the promoted listing was last clicked on by the buyer.
- If you are a private seller, our calculator will automatically add a VAT of 23% on top of your promoted listing ad rate to make the resultant fee consistent with all the other private seller ebay fees (which already include VAT).
- If you are a business seller, our calculator will only add a VAT on top of your promoted listing ad rate if you specify to do so via the "VAT on Fees" field.
Other Miscellaneous Fees
- For details about other miscellaneous selling fees, such as optional listing upgrade fees and classified ad fees, please check on ebay's website.
Notes about VAT in Ireland
- VAT (Value Added Tax) applies to everything including fees and revenue. The default VAT rate is 23%. For more information about VAT rates, please visit Ireland's official government website.
- eBay includes VAT in their fees and tables for private sellers while not including VAT in their fees and tables for business sellers.
- As a result of this, if you specify that you are a business seller in our calculator by setting the seller type to "Business Seller", a field will show up where you can enter the VAT rate you would like to apply onto your fees. The field is simply called "VAT on Fees". Simply enter a number into the field and our calculator will add the specified VAT onto your fees.
- As far as VAT on revenue goes, there is a corresponding field for that in our calculator where you can enter the VAT rate that you would like to apply to the revenue (item sold price + shipping charge). In other words, this means setting aside a portion of the revenue to pay for VAT.
Reclaiming VAT on eBay Fees in Ireland
- It's possible for business sellers to reclaim the VAT paid on ebay fees.
- For example, to represent reclaiming all of the VAT on fees in our calculator, simply enter zero into the "VAT on Fees" field (this field shows up when you indicate that you are a business seller).
- To represent reclaiming VAT on your costs in our calculator, simply subtract the VAT from your costs and enter the smaller cost numbers into the cost fields.
- For more information about reclaiming VAT, please visit Ireland's official government website and consult with a tax professional.
- Investomatica is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ebay.
- While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in fee rules and structures, estimated results are just estimates. They are not a guarantee of future results. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence before making any business decision. Nothing here constitutes advice.
- If you notice that the fees have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know. However, if you have specific questions regarding your ebay account, please directly contact ebay support.
Calculate Fees and Profit for Other PlatformseBay Motors CalculatorEtsy CalculatorPoshmark CalculatorStockX CalculatorMercari Calculator
Ratings for eBay Fee Calculator for Ireland
Most Relevant Reviews
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.