This calculator analyses past payouts and provides a rough estimate of how many bananos you can expect to get from contributing to medical research by running Folding@home through Banano Miner. Simply enter your Points Per Day (PPD) number from Folding@home and hit calculate. Note that payouts may fluctuate from day to day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Banano?
Banano is a so-called "fourth-generation" cryptocurrency that uses Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) based block-lettuce architecture, where each user possesses his own blockchain. This cryptocurrency was forked from another cryptocurrency called NANO in April 2018. Banano's tokens are distributed through ongoing distribution programs, airdrops, and other events.
Does Banano have any fees?
Unlike many other cryptocurrencies, there are no fees when sending or receiving banano. Additionally, transfers happen instantly. This is a feature carried over from NANO, from which banano was forked from.
How do I mine banano?
Bananos can be earned through the banano miner system which involves running Folding@home on your computer.
What is Banano Miner?
Banano Miner is a partnership between the Banano team and the Folding@home organization that helps incentivize and reward those that help contribute to medical research by running Folding@home on their computers. Although this isn't technically crypto mining, some may think of it this way and this is most likely why this partnership has taken the name of "Banano Miner".
What is Folding@home?
Folding@home is a distributed computing project for simulating protein dynamics. This includes the process of protein folding and the movements of proteins implicated in a variety of diseases. The project brings together citizen scientists who volunteer to run simulations of protein dynamics on their personal computers which provide insights that help scientists better understand biology and provide new opportunities for developing therapeutics.
How many bananos will I earn?
The amount of bananos you can earn via banano miner will vary wildly based on your hardware and frequent changes in payout amounts. This banano miner payout calculator can provide a rough estimate of how much you can expect to earn based on past payouts.
Where can I find my Points Per Day (PPD) amount?
You can view your Points Per Day (PPD) by looking at your Folding@home dashboard when it is running.
Can I estimate the Points Per Day (PPD) for different hardware?
Absolutely! You can lookup average Points Per Day (PPD) figures for various CPUs and GPUs at folding.lar.systems. For example, a list of average PPD values for CPUs can be found here while a list of average PPD values for GPUs can be found here.
How often are payouts made?
Payouts are typically made twice a day. However, delays and pauses in payouts have happened before.
Where are bananos stored?
- Our estimated numbers assume you have properly setup your name, team number, and passkey within Folding@home. You can get these by entering your banano wallet address into the form within Banano Miner.
- A properly set passkey will enable higher payouts through a bonus amount. However, this bonus seems to only take effect after you've completed at least 10 work units within Folding@home. Our estimated numbers assume the bonus is active. If you have not completed 10 work units, your actual numbers will be lower.
- Credits: Visual assets from banano.cc
Banano Calculator Disclaimer
- There is no publicly available formula for calculating the exact number of bananos you'll receive from running Folding@home through Banano Miner. The numbers provided are only rough estimates based on past payouts.
- Past payout data was most recently updated on September 19, 2022.
- The exact amount of bananos paid out is subject to change at anytime without notice by the banano team.
- While we try our best to stay up to date with changes in formulas, we make no guarantee our calculator is accurate. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence before making any business decision.
- If you notice that things have changed or if you notice a major miscalculation or error with our calculator, feel free to direct message us on twitter and let us know.
Investomatica Comment Policy
Discussions are welcome. Please stay on topic and remember to be kind to each other. If you would like to report a bug or issue with one of our pages or calculators, please direct message us on twitter instead.